09:00 – 09:30 Registration
09:30 – 10:00 Opening Plenary Session
09:30 – 09:40 Welcoming remarks
Janez Cigler Kralj, Minister of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities, Slovenia
09:40 – 09:50 Address on Behalf of the European Commission
Dubravka Šuica, Vice-President of the European Commission, Commissioner for Democracy and Demography, Brussels
09:50 – 10:00 Introductory remarks by AGE Platform and ZDUS
- Ebbe Johansen, President, AGE Platform Europe, Brussels
- Janez Sušnik, President, Slovenian Federation of Pensioners’ Associations, Ljubljana
10:00 – 10:15 Representatives of the Trio Presidency of the Council of EU
- Matthias von Schwanenflügel, Director General, Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth, Germany
- Edmundo Martinho, Expert and Coordinator on Ageing, Ministry of Labour, Solidarity and Social Security, Portugal, Chair of the Standing Working Group on Ageing of UNECE, Ombdusman of Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Lisboa
10:15 – 11:15 Combating Ageism: Towards a Rights-Based Approach to Ageing
- Claudia Mahler, UN Independent Expert on the Enjoyment of All Human Rights by Older Persons, Office of the High Commissioner on Human Rights, Geneva
- Vânia de la Fuente-Núñez, Technical Officer, Demographic Change and Healthy Ageing Unit, World Health Organization, Geneva
- Joanna Goodey, Head of Unit for Research and Data, EU Fundamental Rights Agency, Vienna
11:15 – 11:30 Coffee Break
11:30 – 12:45 Using a Life Course Perspective to Shift Attitudes to Ageism
- Kai Leichsenring, Executive Director, European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research, Vienna
- Dirk Jarré, President, European Federation of Older Persons, Luxembourg
- Vitalija Gaucaite Wittich, Chief, Population Unit, Statistical Division, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, Geneva
- Lucija Karnelutti, UN Youth Delegate, Youth Council of Slovenia, Ljubljana
12:45 – 13:45 Lunch Break
13:45 – 15:00 Intergenerational Cooperation as a Way to Combat Ageism
- Jože Ramovš, Head of Anton Trstenjak Institute of Gerontology and Intergenerational Relations, Ljubljana
- Sara Santini, Senior Researcher, IRCCS-INRCA, National Institute of Health and Science on Aging, Centre for Socio-Economic Research on Aging, Ancona
- Maria Petkova, Board Member of Older Women’s Network Europe, Brussels
- Sibylle Reichert, Executive Director, AIM – Association Internationale de la Mutualité, Brussels
15:00 – 15:30 The Way Forward
- Helena Dalli, Commissioner for Equality, European Commission, Brussels
- Brigitte Bourguignon, Minister Delegate to the Minister of Solidarity and Health, in charge of Autonomy, Paris
- Heidrun Mollenkopf, Board Member of BAGSO, German National Association of Senior Citizens’ Organisations, former Vice-President, AGE Platform Europe, Brussels, NGO Representative to the UNECE Standing Working Group on Ageing (SWGA)
- Jožica Puhar, Vice-President, ZDUS – Slovenian Federation of Pensioners’ Associations, Ljubljana
- Cveto Uršič, State Secretary, Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities, Ljubljana
All times indicated above refer to the Central European Time (CET).
Find when the conference will start in your timezone here.
Interpretation will be available in English and Slovenian.
Register to the online conference here.
Download the programme in PDF here.